Gooseneck state park in southeastern Utah was so dreamy at sunset and I felt a surge of happiness overcome me. How do you bottle up something so special and be able to return to it when life gets tough?
- My hot pot made a killer packaged cheese enchilada goop 😋 – seriously!! 🧀
- Hot chocolate ☕️ always soothes the soul
- Reading a book in the comfort of my hammock without a care of what is going on in the “real” world 🌎 📖
- Stargazing without any light pollution except the glow of a brilliant moon 🌚 🔭
- Speaker softly playing a cheesy playlist 🔊 🎶
- Walking along the edge of a sharp chiseled cliffside imagining the history & weather that shaped this dreamy landscape 🏜 ⛈
- The simplicity of being at a campsite in the middle of nowhere is so enthralling & deeply moving 🤔
- The distinct chill in the air as it hits 9pm (as I’m usually up for another 3 hours), so I bundle up in more layers 😴
As I begin to appreciate the small things once again, I have a gained my power back and the weight I have put on my shoulders for 23 years begins to slide off into nothingness.
“The sound of silence. To be absent from drama is to be present with peace.” -unknown