That’s a wrap on legs 1 & 2 & 3 of my US National Park roadtrip & what a whirlwind it has been!!! I can’t believe I left my comfort zone & home in Florida 46 days ago with a one way flight & the wide open road ahead.
Leg 1 my dad & I criscrossed the upper Western states to see some iconic & awe inspiring national treasures for the first time ever.
Leg 2 I set off on my own to conquer some of my bucket list locations & get lost in the awesome nature that Utah is known for. I was truly blown away, as around every corner it just kept getting better.
Leg 3 was family time with both my brother’s families living within 2 hours of each other now – the babies are growing up so fast!
The myriad of emotions this week is extreme –
- Sadness that it’s over
- Proud for taking a chance & risking it all to pursue my dream
- Rocking a stress free new lifestyle
- Excitedly dreaming for what’s next
- Nostalgia for “damn I did all that”??
- Reminiscing of all the sleepless nights working events & facilities plus saving every spare $$$ – work hard & play hard
- Exceedingly thankful for all the support & well wishes
- Overall happiness & I’m just getting started….
A few fun stats of my escapades (maps included of my route):
- 668,669 steps
- 20.8k avg steps per day
- 4,837 miles driven
- 284 miles walked
- 133 hrs driving
- 61 locations visited – scheduled stops
- 32 days 16 nights car camped (50%) + 14 days with family
- 15 national monuments
- 10 national parks
- 10 bonehead falls/trips
- 10 states – CO, NB, SD, WY, MT, ID, UT, AZ, NV, CA
- 8 state parks
- 2 national conservation areas
- 1 dream ✅
Cheers to taking chances. 🍻
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED 😃
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” ~ Ursula K. Leguin
#livingmydream #noregrets #spark #ownit #tripofalifetime #beatrailblazer #dreambig #liveinthemoment