Have you ever spent time just with your thoughts and figured out what makes you tick?
It can be a scary journey but when you hone in on your inner workings and dig deep (really really deep), you can bring to life some little known characteristics that make you uniquely you.
While I’m a self confessed adrenaline junkie and always seem to be moving at 100 mph, I have recently started to embrace the quiet times. It’s the little things…..
- Sitting on my back porch in the evening listening to the wildlife & finishing a James Patterson novel
- Drives to the cruise port with the windows down & music blaring
- Sitting at the local waterside park watching another perfect sunset
- Baking my specialty pumpkin cookies and saving some batter to indulge in
- Riding my scooter up to the water to take in another magnificent NASA or SpaceX launch
- Hitching up my jetski to drive the 1.8 miles to the local dock and launch into the beckoning sea for a joy ride
- Eating my favorite local coconut shrimp bowl sitting on the refurbished pier overlooking the Indian River
- Watching a Duke game with all the candles lit, Christmas tree glowing, Pizza Hut stuffed crust & a cozy blanket to curl up in
- Riding my bike over to the trail and going as far as I want on that particular day & stopping by the local froyo shop en route back home
- Ending a long day with a hot bubble bath, candles and picnic
The more you are able to tap into your inner self, the more joy you will find in the simple pleasures all around you.